History of Domaine des Myosotis
The original building was built at the end of the 19th century. Around 1915 the house was extended in the same eclectic style with a tower and the conservatory. The builder and architect of the building and extension are unknown to us today.
The history of Les Myosotis Castle is closely linked to the history of Saint-Honoré-les-Bains of the twentieth century. For a long time, the Carez family owned the property. In 1954, at the death of Henriette Carez without heir (her husband had already died earlier), all property was transferred to the state. In 1962 General de Gaulle donated the castle of Myosotis to Algeria. Until 1968 there are dozens of children from Algiers there every summer.
In 1968, Dr. Largier created a medical children’s home that welcomes young spa guests from all over France and also from abroad. Until 2013, the medical children’s home received hundreds of children every year who followed a three-week course in the thermal baths to treat mainly respiratory diseases. The home has been expertly and warmly led by Mr Didier Bourlon and his wife Ms Catherine Bourlon in the last decade.
In 2015, the property was bought by the current owners who converted it into a special chambre d ‘hotes.
Present at Domaine des Myosotis
- Elevator present
- Large terrace and conservatory with wide view
- Separate lounge with TV
- Breakfast is served in your room, in the conservatory, lounge or on the terrace
- Located in a 1.4 ha park
- Private parking
- WiFi is available in the building
- Possibilities for workshops, master classes or as a wedding location
- Renovation of the main building is almost complete
Some distances to Saint Honore les Bains:
Amsterdam 810 km
Brussel 615 km
Stuttgart 580 km
Parijs 310 km
Lyon 210 km
Dijon 140 km
Le Creusot (TGV) 70 km
Nevers 60 km
Nearby train stations are Luzy and Cercy la Tour (ask for taxi options for € 3.50 per person)